충북대신문방송사 충북대신문 The Chungbuk Times 교육방송국
AllCampus NewsSociety & GlobalPeopleFeatureExperienceColumnCultureCartoonPhoto News
최종편집 : 2024.04.22 월 19:31
Campus News
Campus News Section
확대축소프린트
 Seo Hwan-hui
Why Was Additional Scholarship Funding Paid?
제 138 호    발행일 : 2013.03.02 

  Last January, additional scholarship funding based on the grades of the second semester in 2012 was deposited into many students’ bank accounts. Originally, most scholarships took the form of reducing the school tuition of the following semester in advance. However, additional scholarship funding was paid into students’ banks this time, which is not ordinary.
  Lee Ji-suk from the Department of Student Affairs talked about the scholarships, “CBNU paid scholarships to students with intramural and national scholarships, but around late November of last year, we took additional scholarship funds from KOSAF. It was about 830 million won. CBNU paid additional scholarship funding to students to provide as many benefits as possible.” She also talked about how students were selected for additional scholarship funding, “We sent the additional funding to each college in direct proportion to the number of enrolled students. We only decided the big picture of providing the additional scholarship funding to the enrolled students whose grades were above B0 or recipients of basic living funding whose grades were above C0 among the enrolled students. We made each college distribute the scholarships separately because the situations of each of them are different. However, once we get the list of scholarship students, we check if they were given any other scholarship funding or if the scholarship is more than the range of the tuition, and then we confirm that the colleges distributed the scholarship funding. Therefore, it never happens that students get more scholarship funding than their tuitions. “However, some students complained that their grades were good enough, but they didn’t receive additional funding while other students whose grades were lower than theirs took the scholarship funds. About this, she said, “There is a ‘level up scholarship’ by the Educational Policy Analysis, which provides 500,000 won for students whose grades have considerably improved. Therefore, it might look like some students who received this scholarship were paid the additional scholarship funding, but its different from that.”
  In addition, she talked about the payment of the additional scholarship funding and how to select the beneficiaries, “Basically, at least 30% of students’ tuitions are turned into intramural scholarships. However, the problem is that we are not able to perfectly estimate how many students will enroll in the school and how many students will take time off from school. Therefore, we just usually estimate that 97% of existing students would keep going to school and the other 3% would take time off from school. If less than 3% would take time off from school, the scholarship budget would be increased as they pay for their tuitions. In addition, when national scholarship funding is additionally provided or when scholarships are remaining from other departments in CBNU, the scholarship budget is increased that much.” In other words, when the scholarship budget is formed, the situation of the next semester is assumed, and there are many variables. Therefore, it is difficult for scholarships to be provided accurately by the form of reducing the tuition.

 

By Seo Hwan-hui | hh32@cbnu.ac.kr

Name Pass  

목록보기
Quick News
The Chungbuk Times No.215
CBNU’s First Event With a Ch...
How Do People Deal With The ...
“Know Thyself” University Li...
Fresh TOEIC Certified For Fr...
Campus News More
CBNU’s First Event With a Chungbuk C...
How Do People Deal With The ROTC Sho...
“Know Thyself” University Life Begin...
Fresh TOEIC Certified For Freshmen
Exploring New Avenues in Career and ...
Problems that Occur During the Enrol...
CBT Celebrates 50th Anniversary Amid...
Interview with Elected Candidate: 56...
2,000 Won Dinner, Is It Sustainable?...
Toward a New Future for The Chungbuk...
All Campus News
Society & Global
People
Feature
Experience
Column
Culture
Cartoon
Photo News
Recruit
PDF Dataroom
The CBT Article Submissions Reader's View Privacy Policy 이메일무단수집거부

Address : 1 Chungdae-ro, Seowon-Gu, Cheongju, Chungbuk 28644, Korea

Tel : +82-43-261-2935

Copyright ⓒ 2008 CBNU MEDIA. All rights reserved.